This policy covers how FlareWatch, a Texas company ("FlareWatch," "we," "us," or "our") treats personal information that it collects and receives on www.flarewatch.com. We are not in the business of selling information about you: we use information shared with us for the sole purpose of running and improving our services. This notice tells you what information we collect, steps we take to protect and secure it, how we use and share information, and finally, how you can contact us with questions or concerns.
2. Information We Gather
- FlareWatch collects personal information when you register with us, use FlareWatch products or services or post content on a FlareWatch flare metric application. This information is limited to your email address, nickname and any flare related metric data you post on your site. Your password is stored securely using a one way hash function.
- FlareWatch may also collect some personal information such as zip code, city codes, so that we can get weather information as part of your service.
- FlareWatch may also collect what auto-immune condition the patient has. We use this information to present the appropriate metric (symptoms) screens to collect the appropriate metric data for monitoring.
- FlareWatch may also collect diet restrictions and mediciations associated with the patient to help track and monitor patient compliance.
- FlareWatch may automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookies, and the pages you request.
- FlareWatch uses information for the following general purposes: products and services provision, identification and authentication, services improvement, support, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
3. Billing information
- If you signup during BETA the service is free for the lifetime of your account.
- Should you sign up for a FlareWatch once the application is out of BETA, we will require your billing information in order to process the transaction.
- We do not store your billing information, and this information will be discarded after your transaction has been processed.
- We will retain the last 4 digits of your credit card number, and credit card type, so that you may identify the card used in the future.
- All transactions are processed over an industry standard SSL/TLS connection, with a minimum of 128-bit encryption.
4. IP Address
- FlareWatch obtains IP addresses from users upon login to our Flare Metric application. IP addresses, browser and session information may be used for various purposes, including to:
- Diagnose and prevent service or technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP.
- Monitor and prevent fraud and abuse.
- A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a Flare Metric System servers and stored on your computer's hard drive.
- If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use FlareWatch services or products that require you to "sign in" and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is set.
- FlareWatch uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including to:
- Require you to re-enter your password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against others accidentally accessing your account contents.
- Keep track of preferences you specify while you are using the FlareWatch Sites, Products and Services.
- Estimate and report our total audience size and traffic.
- Conduct research to improve the content and services provided on the FlareWatch Sites, Products and Services.
6. Information Relating to Children
- Users under the age of 13 are prohibited from using FlareWatch.
7. Information Use, Sharing and Disclosure
- FlareWatch does not sell patient data posted to the FlareWatch Flare Metric System application.
- FlareWatch does not sell email addresses posted to the FlareWatch Flare Metric System application.
- FlareWatch does not share personal information we learn about you from your use of the FlareWatch Flare Metric System applications, products and services with others except as described in this policy.
- FlareWatch may use or share your personal information where it is necessary to complete a transaction, to operate or improve the FlareWatch products and services, or to do something that you have asked us to do.
- When you register for FlareWatch, we collect user-submitted account information such as nickname and email address to identify users and send notifications related to the use of the service.
- Although we only collect nicknames, zipcodes, citycodes, conditions, diet, medications and email addresses, FlareWatch may share information about you under the following circumstances:
- We may share your personal information to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or, defend against legal claims and if in our judgment in such circumstances disclosure is required or appropriate.
FlareWatch may revise, modify or update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your particular FlareWatch account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
9. Confidentiality and Security
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make efforts to ensure security on our systems.
- We use physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you.
- Your account information is password-protected. Additionally, your account's password is stored using a one way hash algorithm.
- FlareWatch uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software.
If FlareWatch learns of a security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using FlareWatch or providing personal information to us you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy and administrative issues relating to your use of those sites, products and services. We may post a notice on our applicable web sites if a security breach occurs. If this happens, you will need a web browser enabling you to view the applicable web sites. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us at email@example.com.
10. Changing your Preferences and Personal Information
- You can edit your account information with FlareWatch at any time.
- You can delete your applicable account by visiting the applicable account deletion page accessible from the SETUP link; however, please note that some personal information, primarily your contact information, may remain in our records to the extent necessary to protect our legal interests or document compliance with regulatory requirements.
11. Contacting FlareWatch
If you have a privacy concern regarding FlareWatch, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of those sites, products or services, you can write to us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start tracking your auto-immune condition today...
- Correlate your flares with Diet and changes in Medications
- See how weather and pollen outbreaks impact how your feeling
- Give your rheumatologist a detailed daily report on your condition